Top Digital Dental Marketing Ideas For 2019
By Grant Gooley | January 1 2019
Is your dental practice ready to have an amazing 2019 by reaching goals and winning as a brand in your community? In this blog, I am discussing the top digital trends and ideas for your practice to concentrate on in 2019! Happy New Year!
- Artificial Intelligence
- Micro Moments
- Simplicity In Design
- Site Speed
1. Artificial Intelligence
Definition: The theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence.
How can my dental practice benefit?
Technology advances are giving us the opportunity to quickly understand the patient journey. Using artificial intelligence, we can make quick, educated marketing decisions that are data-driven. The results of having this data means stronger marketing, lower cost per acquisition, and better overall marketing segmentation.
If you want to get ahead of your competitors, start understanding the patient journey in respect to your practice and segment your patients accordingly.
2. Influencers: Who are they?
Influencers are advocates who can distribute your brand message to the masses. The concept is like a celebrity endorsement except on a digitally organic, social scale.
For large brands like Sonicare®, an influencer strategy would look like this:
- Hire Vloggers (video bloggers) or writers (bloggers) who already attract large audiences (e.g. YouTube Health Consultant).
- Influencer gives a shout out during a YouTube health segment to the hiring brand, Sonicare.
- Traffic and leads are generated for Sonicare.
How could an influencer strategy work for a dental practice?
To have a great influencer strategy, we need to start with a great social media strategy. Posting at least once per week and showing commitment to identified channels, such as Facebook and Twitter. It’s important to be engaging by responding to likes, comments, and shares.
Once the basics of social media is nailed down, an influencer strategy is an important next step.
- Asking friends and family to comment, like, and share on your social channels is the beginning of an influencer strategy.
- You may have patients that are community influencers, local rock stars, or known athletes. Ask these patients personally to share your page, write you a review on Google My Business, or write a blog for you. This type of marketing is organic and can have a large impact on your integrity and reputation in your community.
An influencer strategy is not easy to roll out, however when mastered your dental practice will be lightyears ahead.
3. Micro Moments: Ensuring your dental practice is found in 2019 for the moments that matter!
When patients or prospects are searching online, they are quickly scanning for the answer to specific questions. Most of the time, micro moments happen from a mobile device. People want answers and want them quickly, so it’s up to your dental practice’s marketing strategy to rank, step up, and show up during these moments.
Why Are Micro Moments So Important?
When a prospect engages in a micro moment, they key in “dentist near me” into Google … and you can be sure they are showing intent, which means it’s likely they will be making a purchasing decision quickly. These are the types of new-patient leads you are looking for. When a prospect is showing intent through a search on Google, there couldn’t be a better time to show up for that search. It’s likely you will land the new patient.
4. Simplicity In Design
Through intense research and strategizing at Patient News, we have always understood that straightforward methods are what gets results. When developing a marketing piece, your goal is to remove the question marks from your prospects’ thought process, making the online experience easy to digest. This way, they can make an informative decision without being confused about what they should do next … like clicking a button that says “request an appointment.”
Simplicity in structure and content, and a minimalist design, is much more challenging than it may appear. Steve Jobs, arguably one of the best marketing designers of our time says,
“That's been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
Busy websites, busy marketing messaging, and confusing call-to-actions will add up to a frustrated prospect and a quickly lost patient. In 2019, it’s time to simplify the look and feel in your marketing and make it easier for your patients and prospects to digest the information you want them to … information that will get them to book an appointment with you.
5. Site Speed
Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing are getting frustrated. Site speeds are hurting user experience and creating issues all over the internet. The reality is – and the reason why browsers are getting angry?
The fix is not difficult. It’s 2019 people! We have technology that will allow for websites to load very quickly. Are you using that technology?
It’s 2019! Hit The Ground Running!
You have an exciting year ahead! With technology growing at a rate we’ve never seen before, Patient News is all over it!
- Practice Zebra, our state-of-the-art dental marketing performance dashboard, has incredible artificial intelligence built in to fully understand your marketing and ROI.
- Our WebLift™ websites are built with speed and simplicity.
- Patient News can help you build an influencer strategy through online and offline strategies
- SEO strategies are built with micro moments in mind!