How’s your breath?
Bad breath or halitosis is something that most of us have experienced in our lives. For many people though, chronic bad breath is a problem that can be psychologically damaging and even result in the loss of a personal relationship or job. Unfortunately most over-the-counter products for treating bad breath do not work well and can even make the problem worse.
In 80-90% of bad breath cases the problem occurs from sources in the mouth and not from the stomach or other organs. These reasons can include one or more of the following…
- Oral disease including tooth decay & gum disease
- Plaque and decaying food on and between teeth or dentures
- Food/drink and plaque caught in the tongue’s rough terrain
- Lingering smoke/tobacco particles
- Dry mouth that encourages overgrowth of bacteria.
Although we are almost never able to smell our own bad breath because we have become accustomed to our own smell, if you suspect it, tell us. Don’t be embarrassed! We will assess your homecare, complete a thorough oral exam, and we may recommend special toothpaste and rinse. Let us help you breathe with confidence!