The Importance of Oral Hygiene Habits
Careful and consistent daily oral hygiene habits are critical for preserving the health of your teeth, gums, and jawbone, but they’re also vital for protecting your overall well-being. By not prioritizing your oral hygiene routine, you may be putting yourself at risk for a host of issues, including:
- Gum Disease – Known as a “silent killer,” the condition sneaks up and may not be obvious until bad breath, loose teeth, and pain interfere with daily life.
- Oral Cancer – That uncomfortable mouth sore may not go away on its own. Most do within two weeks, but if it doesn’t, it could be an indicator of a serious issue that requires expert examination.
- Infection – A painful infection necessitates immediate treatment. If oral infection spreads to the rest of your body, it can be potentially life-threatening.
- Shifting Teeth – Gum disease, cancer, and other oral issues can cause shifting in your teeth that can damage more than your smile. Regular dental checkups and cleanings with our team will help ensure that issues are discovered and treated early on – and they can even help prevent them altogether!
- Mouth/Body Connection – Poor oral health is connected to life-altering systemic diseases including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, respiratory disease, and some cancers.
Your best defense is a good offense! Brush and floss daily, eat a balanced diet, and see us regularly for cleanings, checkups, and personalized oral health education!