10 Office Newsletter Ideas for Your Dental Practice
Topics you can write about in your dental office newsletter
Providing high-quality dental care includes producing an engaging bimonthly newsletter for your patients of record. But what can you do if you’re suffering from writer’s block or if you can’t think of stimulating topics?
Publishing a bimonthly newsletter and mailing it to your patients of record is a smart way to keep patients engaged, and it will help to encourage word-of-mouth referrals. But here’s the rub: you have to find the time to produce high-quality content on a regular basis.
It may be worthwhile to outsource the responsibility.
Coming up with interesting dental office newsletter ideas every month can be arduous; writing all of the content for your newsletter can equally prove to be a chore. It may be worthwhile to outsource the responsibility to an experienced dental industry marketing team to do it for you. In the meantime, if you’re stuck rummaging for topics you can write about, use one of our dental office newsletter ideas to spark your imagination.
Tips For Making Your Newsletter A Must-Read Writing engaging, impactful content is hard work. Suffering from writer’s block? Try one of these 10 suggestions:
- Oral health tips. Preventative dentistry is always of value to your patients across all age groups. Regularly share recommended oral health tips and extol the benefits of brushing and flossing daily and why it’s important.
- Causes of oral cavity cancer. Detail for your patients the causes of oral cancers, what the symptoms are, how to spot them, and what they should do if they suspect they have a malignant tumor in the mouth.
- Promote upcoming events. Whether at your dental office or nearby in your community, highlight an upcoming event, celebration, or community event you are sponsoring, volunteering for, or are involved with in some way.
- Promote dental health week or month. Every state or province has an oral or dental health week or month. Use it as a major topic of discussion with your patients and the community-at-large.
- Shine a spotlight on your staff. Share a few details about the people working at your practice and help your patients get to know them better. Did someone win an award? Was there a new hire? Spread the news!
- Promote elective services. Each month, provide in-depth details about a different dentistry service you provide, why it’s necessary or helpful, and what the outcomes are. For example, if you provide orthodontics-related services, explain why it’s important to have straight teeth.
- Be sure to include your website URL in every newsletter.
- Request new patient referrals. Most patients may not recognize that you need or want more patients, but you need a steady flow of new patients to keep growing your practice. Thank your patients for their referrals in every edition, and spice up activity by offering a gift or a random draw to win a prize for every referral.
- Give parents a hand. Teaching kids about the importance of oral health, how to take care of their teeth and gums, and diminishing the fear they may have of visiting a dentist will make you a star with parents. Add a dental-related recipe to keep your readers eager to read the next edition.
- Include quizzes and trivia. Almost everyone gets a kick out of doing simple, thought-provoking quizzes, or taking a shot at answering trivia questions. It’s an opportunity to both educate your patients on topics like oral health, and keep your readers engaged. Taking it a step further, encourage your readers to submit their responses by a certain date to enter into a random draw for the chance to win a prize, such as an electric toothbrush.
- Share your online presence. Be sure to include your website URL in every newsletter, as well as your social media channels like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and anywhere else you have digital assets on the web where your patients can interact with you.
Get professional assistance marketing your dental practice with an experienced industry leader. Since 1993, Patient NEWS has specialized in representing, promoting, and marketing dental offices across the U.S. and Canada. Find out why thousands of dentists rely on our services. Call us now at 888-377-2404 or request a callback.