Get on the right digital marketing diet!
Let’s start with what it all means.
- SEO stands for search engine optimization. It’s the way words, images, and page summaries are used to increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website.
- Dental SEO is SEO with the added super-benefit of having your content optimized by a team of digital dental marketing experts. The goal is to make your website rank high in search engines like Google, so that your audience sees your listing before your competitors’.
- PPC stands for pay-per-click. PPC ads include those that are displayed at the top of page one of your Google and Bing search results.
SEO vs PPC – Which should I use?
The main difference between SEO and PPC is that the traffic generated from SEO is free and you pay for the traffic coming from PPC. Simple answer to this debate – take the free traffic, right!? Not so fast…
Let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of SEO and PPC:
SEO or PPC for my dental office?
Well… It depends. There is not a better choice as they are both important and both should be a part of your marketing mix. However, there are specific situations where one channel may be a better fit than the other for what you are trying to achieve.
- Does your dental office want to attract a new set of demographics? If so, go for PPC and target audiences in your area that are a specific age group. Target them with an offer that is relevant to their needs. For example, target age 50+ with an implant ad.
- Looking to continually grow your traffic with the goal of booking new-patient appointments? Use SEO. Frequently write keyword-rich new content for your site. Answer the top questions that potential new patients need to know. Create content around your services, but put an educational spin on it. Don’t discuss the “how you do it” – discuss the benefits to the patient. Google LOVES “explainer” content.
- Brand new office? Launching a new service like Invisalign®? Use PPC. You get to the top of the rankings fast, and you can target specific need-based keywords that drive to a landing page specifically about that product.
Whatever you decide, here are the…
Steps You Need To Take
- Develop community awareness around your unique value proposition – stand out among the competition! Do SEO and PPC.
- Develop a holistic strategy – build SEO content for organic FREE traffic and use needs-based keywords with specific landing pages for PPC. The goal is to be everywhere to gain a strong ROI from your marketing spend.
Patient News is a full-service dental marketing agency that will create a dynamic results-driven PPC/SEO strategy for your practice – along with a plethora of effective dental-specific marketing campaigns, including direct mail.
With consistent branding throughout the entire patient journey and full analysis and understanding of your needs, we will help you determine your best online dental marketing strategy – SEO &/or PPC (and even a state-of-the-art brand-new website).
Our process is consultative, our team are experts, and we work with you to determine your next best step toward achieving your practice and personal goals.
Think of it this way… Imagine SEO is eating healthfully and PPC is exercise. They are both important and will give you successful results, especially if used in tandem. Call us now to get in top-notch digital marketing shape!