Top 3 Ways To Enhance Your Dental Website’s SEO
Tried, tested, & true tactics to improve ranking & gain new patients
Do you know if and where your dental website appears in search results when a nearby prospect looks for a dentist or dental service on Google?Does it pop up on page one, readily accessible to that person? Or is it buried deeper than the lost city of Atlantis – unlikely to be found by anyone?
All kidding aside … this is important stuff. Depending on where you sit, it’s a direct reflection of the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of your Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Nowadays, a strong online presence is just as critical as having a clean, accessible, and welcoming practice. Did you know that more than 63,000 searches are performed on Google every second?
As search engine algorithms evolve, the factors that affect where dental websites appear in organic results also changes. But, there are some aspects of your website you should always focus on – and never lose sight of – to improve your ranking and increase traffic. And that means more phone calls, more appointments, and a more profitable dental practice!
Here are the 3 high-focus things – the top three tactics – the components to a rock-solid SEO strategy for your dental website. Use them to improve your on-page* SEO results.
*On-page SEO is what you do to individual web pages to boost ranking. You can also learn about off-page SEO on our website.
- Content That Knocks It Out Of The Park. Your dental website needs to deliver relevant, high-quality, and authentic content to visitors. Show those prospects you know your stuff, are approachable, and offer the services that meet their unique smile needs.
The kind of content that will appeal to Google – and your prospects – includes blogs, service information, team bios, reviews, and videos.
- Incorporated Keywords That Match What People Are Looking For. This is one of the most important elements of SEO. Most often, searchers are looking for specific phrases known as “long-tail” keywords. According to a HubSpot study, half of all search queries are four words or longer.
A perfect example would be “dental implants Nashville Tennessee.” Someone who keys this in knows what they want … sounds like an ideal patient, right? Match their intent as best you can so that your website shows up at the top of page 1 when they hit the “search” button.
Unsure of which keywords to use in your content? Check out Google Adwords Keyword Planner for keywords that are relevant to your practice.
- Get Linked Up. A linking strategy gives you online cred, plain and simple. To achieve this, it’s best to include a mix of on-page and external links to prove to Google your site has authority, which boosts your ranking. For example, if you want your “Services” page to rank highly for the term “cosmetic services in *insert town name*,” you should link back to that page whenever you use this term on another page.
Get external links to point to your site. This is really important!
- contact former classmates and ask if they would link their site to your site
- ask dental associations to link to you
- continue reaching out to all reputable sources until you get 100 high-authority links.
Don’t know where to begin or have the time or resources to do it? Patient News’ team of dental marketing experts will do the heavy lifting for you!
With over 26 years’ experience helping thousands of dentists across North America, we have the tools, technology, and know-how to put your practice in front of the prospects you’re looking for – and turn those visits into calls.
Our vast array of digital marketing solutions includes…
- Weblift™ dental websites
- listings management
- reputation management
- social marketing
- email marketing
And when you combine it all with Practice ZEBRA™, you’ll get in-depth insight into what’s working and what areas are in need of improvement.
Don’t get left behind! Call now to rank ahead of your competition … and get more new patients into your dental chair.