Easy Ways To Interact With Patients On Social Media
4 types of engaging content your followers will “like”
Screen time has shot up because of the coronavirus pandemic. And because of social distancing measures, people have embraced technology to connect with friends and family and everything else that matters to them.
This has led to a surge in social media activity.
NOW is the time to be present as their valued dental partner. Platforms like Facebook and Instagram make it easy to stay connected with patients, show them empathy, provide value-added content, and build brand equity.
Here are a few ideas to generate engagement and grow your following!
- Provide updates on your safety protocols, new technology, and share reassuring messages. Patients who haven’t been back to your practice yet want to be sure it’s safe. Let them know what you’ve done and continue to do to put their overall health at the top of the list. Consider filming a short video that explains what a visit to your practice now looks like. This will go a long way in getting them back in the dental chair.
- Give your followers content they can use. Patients look to you and your team as the dental authority they can trust. There’s a lot of content you can create – without spending countless hours doing so – to help them maintain their oral health after they’ve returned to your practice. Keep in mind that you don’t have to limit these posts to oral health.
- Provide a weekly dental tip. Some ideas: proper flossing and brushing technique, tips parents can use to encourage their children to brush, etc.
- Share creative ways that parents can encourage their kids to wash their hands, but that hits all the CDC recommendations.
- Share details on new patient specials or your in-house savings plan, if you have one.
- Be authentic & humanize your brand. Just because you and your team are dental professionals doesn’t mean you should only talk about dentistry. In fact, that would be detrimental to your social marketing efforts. Consumers (yes, that includes your dental patients) want to get to know the people behind the brand. It will help them develop a stronger bond with your practice. And this will inspire them to reach out and engage with your practice – online and in person!
- Exercise tips with a photo of you in the gym.
- Weekly cooking recipes.
- Be brave! Share funny and entertaining videos featuring you and your family. (TikTok comes to mind!)
- Give birthday shoutouts to your team members.
- Reshare content your audience wants. When you reshare relevant content from other trustworthy sources, it shows patients that you’re keeping an eye on what’s important during this crisis and will take the time to keep them informed. Here’s a list of a few credible sources that pump out shareable material:
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control
- American Dental Association
- your state dental association
- local government.
These are just some ideas to get you started and maintain a robust social presence during the pandemic. Don’t forget to “like” replies to your posts and respond. This builds trust with patients and demonstrates that your practice appreciates their input while boosting your brand.
If you need social marketing support, we can help. Call us today at 888-377-2404.